maandag 19 juli 2010

Day 88 Sunday 18 July – A game of basket

At 8am they serve breakfast on Sunday. When I arrived at the breakfast table, Judy and her friend were sitting there already eating. Vilma and Judy were talking mostly, telling stories. After breakfast, we talked a little about Kallari and what I could do. She told me a little about how the market works. A little while later, we go over to Carlos’ house, 200 meters further down the road. The other Dutch guy lives there too, but when we get there, he’s gone to church. So I listen to the conversation that Judy and Carlos have about the markets, US markets and European markets. They are hoping to expand, but Judy is sceptical about the size of the European market.
Then Carlos has to leave and we go back to the hostel. I wash some clothes there (by hand yes) and later the Dutch guy, Darian, comes by. Judy called him from across the street. I think he first didn’t believe me when I said I am from ‘Holanda’, but after that we chatted a bit and he’s going to update me about what he’s doing tomorrow. We’re probably going to work together. While lying in the hammock later, reading, some of the kids wanted to play with me. But the girls wanted to play their way, shoving a dog in my hammock and trying to swing the hammock. I wasn’t that amused, so I told them to stop.
Later that afternoon, I go for a walk around the town, but either my map is wrong, or the place I’m staying at is not on the map. I couldn’t find any streets from the map (from the few street-name-plates that there were) save the main street. We’ll see tomorrow how it is.
When I get back, Darian comes by to ask if we want to play basketball. There is a court nearby with a roof (although it wasn’t raining). We won 2 games, but it was pretty hard. I’m not really made to do this kind of sports. A shower later, I crawl onto bed to write my blog stories.

2 opmerkingen:

cindy zei

Fijn dat je een goede verjaardag hebt gehad.
Is onze kaart (gezamelijk met pa en ma) bij je aangekomen?

Ben benieuwd hoe je het in tena vind en of je vooruit gang boekt in de cacao.

Suc6 maar weer, groeten van jan en cindy

jos en carola zei

Hola John,
Lekker gelegen in die hangmat?
Dat daar een nederlander werkt, dat is lijkt me wel heel leuk voor jou. Kun je de nederlandse taal ook weer eens spreken; dan verleer je 't niet. Hopelijk kun je 't goed vinden met die Darian!
Je kunt daar niet internetten, maar de blog bijwerken gaat wel,
dat is natuurlijk al heel fijn.
En dat recept voor die chocolade cake is toch niet zo makkelijk,
maar lijkt me wel heel lekker, hoor.
Mag je thuis een keer maken.
Succes, daar in Tena!
Groetjes Pa en Ma xxx

Visited places in Ecuador (apr/jul - 2010)


Thesis Ecuador weergeven op een grotere kaart