maandag 19 juli 2010

Day 87 Saturday 17 July – To Tena

We set the alarm clock to 5am and 6am, but eventually we got up at 7. We were just too tired to get out of bed. But once we got up, we were out of the house quickly. We took a cramped trole bus to the Quitumbe station and from there we had a quick connection to Tena. The bus ride was about 5 hours, but we slept through most of it. At 13:30 we arrived and I called Carlos to pick me up. We waited one hour until Mariela really had to go to her parents place, so she left me there for another hour until Carlos picked me up with a taxi, with his wife and kid. There was some sort of car accident, his wife said.
After a short stop at the DIY-store, they dropped me off at the hostel. And he told me we would talk later when Judy arrives. But they wouldn’t come until the next morning, because of a party. I have a simple room, not very clean, but the first night at least there weren’t any mosquitos. There’s no internet, so I won’t be able to update as much as I want to, and I won’t be able to answer any e-mails that much.
I stayed in my room until they called me for dinner, sleeping a bit, because it was raining and because I was still tired from the trip. Vilma prepared a dinner for everyone, which was the two of us and her daughter. They had me a big plate of spaghetti waiting. After that I read a book in my room and went to sleep again, early.

Geen opmerkingen:

Visited places in Ecuador (apr/jul - 2010)


Thesis Ecuador weergeven op een grotere kaart