dinsdag 17 augustus 2010

Day 116 Monday 16 August – At the chocolate factory again

At noon I met with D. again to go to the chocolate factory. We took a bus and miraculously I remembered the whole trip from last time. Once there, we got another tour around the factory and we got part of our chocolate. Unfortunately they were out of the 85%, but hopefully they will make it on Tuesday again. I did one more interview, while D. was writing down all that he saw during the tour and then we left for the centre with about 9kg of chocolate.
In the evening, we had a small farewell / thank you dinner at the Indian restaurant with just the 4 of us.

Day 114 Saturday 14 August – Meeting the family
Up early, to do an interview with Carlos. Only to find out later that I didn’t record the conversation. My little machine did that before with a less important interview. I have no idea how I could have made such a mistake. After the interview, and my breakfast, I paid the chocolates which I will pick up fresh from the factory in Quito on Monday.
After all that, I thought I would go to Archidona with Mariela. Instead, I found her in a shoe store with her sisters and brother. We went to buy cement to construct a toilet and after that we all went to their house, where I also met Mari’s father. It’s a nice little place, it only misses a bathroom.
In the afternoon I walked around the centre with her and her brother to look for artesania. About the last souvenirs I needed.

1 opmerking:

cindy zei

He johnny,

je eerste aardbeving mee gemaakt, wel raar zeker.
Niet het bed uit gerold? ha ha.

Wij wensen jou een hele fijne terugreis naar nederland morgen.
Kom heel weer aan!

Tot donderdag, als je niet al te laat thuis bent, komen we ook nog even bij pa en ma.

Groeten jan en cindy

Visited places in Ecuador (apr/jul - 2010)


Thesis Ecuador weergeven op een grotere kaart