zaterdag 17 april 2010

Prelude to Ecuador

Well, here I go. At this moment, it is still unsure whether my plane will actually leave this sunday, since there is this ash cloud from a volcano in Iceland hanging over Europe. But I'm not worried, I will get there eventually, if not sunday.

I'm not sure if everybody knows exactly what I'll be doing there, besides lying on the beach, drinking caipiriñas or shots of aguardiente. Of course, it's a thesis. There are certain finished products (chocolate and coffee) being exported from Ecuador. Factories in Guayaquil and Quito produce these commodities and package them. Thus, instead of exporting raw products, they add value. My question: what's this added value and what does it do for the local people? That means the people that work in the factory, but also beneficiaries who receive aid in some way from the companies that produce (social projects). My 2 cases will be EScoffee (Guayaquil) and hopefully Pacari Chocolate (Quito). When I'm finished with bothering these people with my questions, I will check my balance. If this is positive enough, Another flight will take me to Galápagos, where I'll be taking my new baby (canon 1000D) for some serious wildlife shooting :D

So that is the plan. Keep tracking me, I'll be posting often. The next one being when I arrive. My first hotel is Hotel Folklore, with WIFI, huzzaaah! This will be some legen... wait for it... dary 3 months!

Geen opmerkingen:

Visited places in Ecuador (apr/jul - 2010)


Thesis Ecuador weergeven op een grotere kaart