vrijdag 23 april 2010

Day 3: Spanish clases and jetlag

3 days have passed and I’m getting to know the streets of La Mariscal in Quito better and better. Today I found a very nice vegetarian restaurant, where I will be returning for sure. For only $3,- you can get a nice and filling almuerzo (=lunch). So I think I’m establishing myself somewhat. Those past days, however have also been a bit of a jetlag (even though I told someone I don’t experience jetlags). I’ve been going to bed before 9 and waking up at 5 or 6 in the morning. That’s not very healthy, so I think I’ll force myself to check out the nightlife in the city. That will give me some chance to meet some fellow gringos as well, because I still don’t really know anyone here.

Yesterday was my first Spanish class. My ‘profesora’ is Irina. She’s a nice lady, calling me ‘pobresito’ all the time, because I’m a vegan in Ecuador. Or when I tell her we don’t have a ‘discoteca’ in Wageningen. Well, that is hard to understand indeed. The lessons are 4 hours straight per day, so when I’m finished it’s time for lunch and after that I feel pretty tired. I don’t really feel like doing anything then anymore, especially writing my internship report. Might still be the jetlag, though.
So when I get back to my hotel room, I sit back a bit and relax. I read something or check what you guys are all doing (how wonderful is facebook). Yesterday I also called the director of Pacari Chocolate. I finally got him on the line and he said to send him another e-mail. He would check it with his wife and would get back to me when he returns from a field trip by Monday. I hope he’ll say yes to my question, because it is half of my thesis after all.

I know I still owe you guys a lot of pictures (since I started the Ecuador blog with introducing my new babe), but since I’ve been having Spanish lessons and jetlag, I haven’t been able to shoot a lot. Did spot some hummingbirds in the garden here, but when I finally got my camera, they were gone, so I shot some pictures of the city instead. Anyway, weekend has come, so I am able to visit some touristic sites... Pictures will follow.

Geen opmerkingen:

Visited places in Ecuador (apr/jul - 2010)


Thesis Ecuador weergeven op een grotere kaart